- And the next country to set up a new sovereign fund is…Panama!
- The Alaska Permanent Fund returned 20.6% for fiscal year 2011.
- CPPIB has invested roughly $300 million in eight US apartment buildings.
- CIC’s Lou Jiwei is rumored to be the lead candidate for a new Chinese financial regulator.
- In ABP’s $21 billion real estate program (yes, that’s a big real estate allocation), the fund’s focus is on manager selection and not direct investing.
- China-Africa Development Fund is planning a $5 billion investment spree in Africa on infrastructure assets.
- The Maple Group (a consortium of pensions and SWFs) has extended its $3.8 billion bid to buy Canada’s exchange operator TMX.
- MassPRIM is moving $2 billion into hedge funds and emerging markets debt.
- Abu Dhabi Investment Council’s new headquarters are, apparently, quite awesome. (See picture below.)
The Daily BriefPublished August 3, 2011 Uncategorized Leave a Comment
Tags: Sovereign Fund, Sovereign Funds, Sovereign Wealth Fund, Sovereign Wealth Funds, SWF, SWFs, The Daily Brief