Abu Dhabi in January is outstanding. Seriously. Anyway, here’s some of today’s investment news of note:
- In the past five years, private equity firms have put $50 billion to work in India.
- Korea’s SWF lost 3.3% in 2011. While the KIC is one of the first to report bad earnings, it surely won’t be the last.
- I really need to spend some time investigating Mongolia’s new ‘Human Development Fund‘, which is based, in part, on Norway’s SWF. Watch this space.
- Edinburgh Airport is the next big infra asset on the block that’s drawing SWF interest.
- Medicine Hat wants its own sovereign fund. (FYI: Medicine Hat is a city in Alberta.)
- The hedge fund industry may be doing a lot worse than we thought.